1st Line Technical Support Engineer
Who we are
CTS Group Ltd are a local Internet, Telecoms and IT Support provider based in Milton Park. We are the telecoms and internet provider of choice for many businesses around Oxfordshire due to our extensive knowledge and 37+ years of experience. We offer strategic business solutions and a wide range of services to businesses within Milton Park, Grove Business Park, Harwell Campus, Leeds, Manchester, Birmingham, as well as catering for businesses in other locations. CTS deals with all aspects of IT, are ISO accredited so attention to detail and documentation is crucial.
About the role
- Sector: IT
- Contract type: Permanent, Office based
- Salary: Negotiable on experience
Our ideal candidate will have
We’re looking for an all-rounder with experience with all Windows Desktop environments, Windows Server, Microsoft Office 365 and Active directory. Must have experience with troubleshooting general IT issues such as printers, outlook etc. in order to gain as much information as possible before escalating issues. We are looking for someone who is used to working with a ticketing system including logging their time.
Experience with the usual network peripherals, firewalls, routers etc. advantageous but not essential.
Excellent written & verbal communication skills are a must, with experience of documenting activities.
1st Line Telephone & Remote Access Support to CTS Group clients
- Solving user problems / answering calls and logging tickets
- New user & application setups (Laptops and PC’s)
- Day-to-day user / systems support (printer installs, etc.)
- Providing in-house technical support to CTS Office employees
- Workstation troubleshooting
- Training & answering queries (re: MS Office based apps.)
- Escalation of client requests (systems development & sales) to consultants/account managers.
- Occasional on-site support / delivery of goods & services to clients, site auditing & fact-finding visits
- You will be need to demonstrate the relevant criteria whilst also bringing your own passion and ideas to the Company Directors and clients alike.
- Experience in a support role, ideally in a client facing environment. In-depth troubleshooting experience – 1+ years.
- You will need to be a highly organised individual with the ability to work well under pressure.
- Proven experience of logging work time in a ticketing system.
- Company Pension
- Bike to work scheme
- On-site parking
- 20 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Birthdays off and Xmas shopping day
- Annual and Quarterly employee recognition awards – with prizes
- Bonuses reviewed annually
- We also have company food days and social events
- Being based on Milton Park means you can get involved in the events, clubs and classes available in the workplace.
- Working Hours: Monday to Thursday 9.00am – 5.00pm and Friday 9.00am – 4.30pm
To be considered for this position, you should have good technical knowledge with a keen interest to learn.
- Full-time, Permanent
- Company pension
- Cycle to work scheme
- On-site parking
- Monday to Friday
Closing date 1st March.
Apply today by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering letter & CV